The Co-Pilot Who Never Got Over Hiroshima: The Story of Robert Lewis.
Patriot Games: Trump’s ‘freedom finale’ to celebrate 250 is … a school sports day.
Dogs want sticks. (via Everlasting Blort)
15 Historical Figures With Afflictions You Never Knew About.
Hospitals push for upfront payments as healthcare costs rise. (via Fark)
Went to an open house for a home built ~1900. When I saw this original detail, I knew it was out of our price range.
The links list is short today, due to canning season, storm damage, and cat issues. In other words, am tired.

9 comments:
Even with a shorter list, you DO always deliver, Miss C!
I recall back in Kennedy's day (that's JFK the former president,, not RFK Jr. the Trump lackey currently occupying a Cabinet seat as the Secretary of Health and Human Services) there was something called the Presidential Fitness Test. Elementary students were expected to meet certain standards – so many situps, pushups, pullups, and a specified time to run one mile – based on age or grade level.
There was also something in the 1970s called the Presidential Sports Award, given for extended participation in various 'lifetime' sports activities (I earned one for cycling, of course, complete with a certificate with a facsimile signature of then-president Richard Nixon) Whatever happened to THOSE programs?
-"BB"-
Winter is coming. Grab your Balls, it's canning season! Do you add Brandy (Bourbon works too) to your peach jam? Absolutely wonderful.
Happy Friday Miss C! Jarring is one of those fall things I actually look forward to and enjoy.
Happy Friday, gwdMaine! I have no fruit trees anymore, and peaches are now hella expensive to buy, so no jam for me. I'm knee-deep in tomatoes, peppers, and beans, though.
The Presidential Fitness Test was reintroduced by the White House and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (headed by the lackey) to re-establish standardized scoring and physical awards.
https://www.hhs.gov/press-room/secretary-kennedy-restores-presidential-fitness-test-launches-get-kids-active.html
https://www.ritfitsports.com/blogs/article/what-is-the-presidential-fitness-test
I hear you on the peaches. Up here at the end of the food chain, I wait for word of mouth that the peaches are in and good. Then I have this book Preserving in Small Batches which makes it affordable for things like peaches and also helps with preserving stuff year round.
Hopefully not much storm damage, Miss C- That last big storm front was just getting warmed up when it came through Iowa!
Nothing permanent, but it wrecked my tomato trellises, and I spent all morning getting them back in shape.
Post a Comment