Tuesday, November 09, 2021

A Mashup of 100 YouTube Covers of "Stairway to Heaven"



On November 8, 1971, Led Zeppelin released their fourth album, which contained an eight-mute song called "Stairway to Heaven." It was never released as a single, but became an iconic album cut that was played constantly for decades. I was a big Zep fan in my adolescence, and like many others, got sick of the song in the 1980s. You have to understand that, as a DJ, I got requests for it multiple times a day, every day. Every. Day. All these years later, I can appreciate the song for what it is, just not every day.

On the occasion of the song's 50th anniversary, Tom Compagnoni made a mashup of 100 cover versions gleaned from YouTube. (via Metafilter)



1 comment:

xoxoxoBruce said...

I think I know the guy on the left at 1:40. Well not personally, I think he's the brother of a friend of mine.
So does having a friend with a brother on utube make me a celebrity? LOL