Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Free Articles

This one gets me where I live. I firmly believe good journalism is crucial and well worth paying for. On the other hand, I am a link blogger. So many of my regular sources have gone to paywalls that even if I still have a free article for the month, I can't ask readers to go hit a brick wall. And anyway, the bill for all the sources I used to check and link would be several hundred dollars a month. It's too bad that all that advertising can't cover a decent news department. From Married to the Sea.

1 comment:

Bicycle Bill said...

What's even worse is when you DO pay for the print version of your local newspaper only to find that you just paid $2 for maybe twelve pages of newsprint, 50% or more of which is ads, and any stories are so truncated that you find yourself back on the internet trying to get the straight scoop.  At least with my print subscription I do get online access to the e-version of my paper along with a couple of others.

-"BB"-