Friday, June 05, 2026

School Parking Permits

It's another case of giving more to those who already have. If you have to skip studying to make it to your fast food job on time, be prepared to work some extra hours for a parking permit, too. (via Buzzfeed)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So if have a GPA of >2/4 it's free parking??😂

WilliamRocket said...

Reckon you are reading it wrong.
Ever done an I.Q. test ?
Sequencing those numbers would imply a grade between 1.9 to 1.5 would cost you $35.
Between 1.4 and 1.0 costs $40
But you, sir or sir-ess, would be charged $50
I'll wait while you work out the actual size of the insult.

WilliamRocket said...

While I understood the implications pretty much instantly, I had to look up what GPA stood for, me not having been raised in the American schooling system (praise to the god I don't believe in)
But I assume a lot of readers who exist outside the USA would be flummoxed by the use of an abbreviation 'endemic' to the USA.

GPA converts, in most countries, to the marking results of the top echelon of students, those people that consistently score well in examinations and perhaps also attitude.