Thursday, July 13, 2023

Dave


 

Dave is a employment agency owner and supplements his income by impersonating the US president, who he resembles. But then he is asked to step in when the real president suffers a stroke. He's got a lot to learn about the way things work in the halls of power.

There are so many movies from the 1980s and '90s that I saw and now struggle to remember what happened in them. The 1992 movie Dave is different. I could tell you the entire plot off the top of my head, even though I only saw it once. The message is that the most important quality in a United States president is that he loves the people of his country and will wield the power necessary to do the right thing for them. Kevin Kline and Sigourney Weaver are perfect, and the all-star supporting cast is great, too. 

The sound is kind of weak on this YouTube version. Sorry about that.


2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh yeah, I remember this movie -- it's a good one! I saw it when it was first released. Gawd, has it been 30 years? Where does the time go.

MarkOfIowa said...

Love this movie- "Today is Monday, and everyone works on Monday!"