Saturday, July 29, 2023

It Don't Come Easy



"It Don't Come Easy" by Ringo Starr will always remind me of hanging out at the city pool in the summer of 1971, when I was 12 and beginning to really notice boys. It was on the radio often, and the pool kept the radio on the loudspeakers all the time, except when they ordered everyone out of the pool for one reason or another. That was the summer Junior Jackson kissed me and gave me his watch with the leather fringe and told me we were going steady. That lasted a few days before he asked for it back so he could give it to another girl. I don't know when this video was made. Starr uploaded it 14 years ago, and I'm just now seeing it for the first time. It could have been constructed in the 21st century with archival footage, or anytime since 1971 for that matter.  



1 comment:

Bicycle Bill said...

The song was also the opening theme of "Good Night, America", the late-night talk show hosted by Geraldo Rivera from 1973-1975.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvS1IPtAPRk

-"BB"-