Thursday, April 06, 2023

Miss Cellania's Links

The incredible story of Murera the miracle elephant. Videos here. (via a comment at Metafilter)

Great Fantasy Comedies to Watch After Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

The Great 2023 Easter Potato Hunt? It's more of a meme than a reality, as so many people use plastic eggs anyway. (via Digg)

Republican Circus: Donald's path from Florida to NYC. The latest from Tom the Dancing Bug.

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Saffron. There are also links to nine recipes that use saffron.

People Who Were Stuck In Comas Are Revealing What It's Really Like.

How Barnum Brown Discovered T. rex and Became History’s Greatest Fossil Hunter.

After a A Year of Disappointment, Sophie gets Adopted.

Musical Theater AITAs Turn into a Guessing Game. Can you figure out which characters posted these AITAs? (via Metafilter)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

> Can you figure out which characters posted these AITAs?

Nope. Not even a guess.

Miss Cellania said...

I could figure out about half of them. Not surprisingly, those were the older musicals.

xoxoxoBruce said...

Poor Murera, what a terrible thing to go through. At least she found a lover or three.

I had to go to Spain for Westinghouse and my wife asked for Saffron. Back in Madrid on the way to the airport I stopped in a neighborhood corner store where they didn’t speak English and I didn’t speak Spanish. I hoped it was called Saffron there and repeated the word slowly about three times when his eyes lit up and he took me right to it. We were both grinning like we had created world peace and eradicated world hunger.

I’ve got a great idea, have my doctor put me in a coma for a couple months, and when they wake me up I’ll be a skinny screen writer.