Thursday, September 03, 2020

Miss Cellania's Links

How Did Human Butts Evolve to Look That Way? (via Damn Interesting)

John Boyega Gets Real About His Star Wars Experience. (via Metafilter)

Explaining Trump's payroll tax deferral scheme. (via Fark

People From Non English-Speaking Countries Share What English Words They Incorporate In Their Conversations. 

Here is a story about the time I got in trouble as a kid for repeatedly using the word “whorehouse.”  (via Neatorama)

Non-Americans Share Their 'Genuine Reaction' To The Current Situation In The US In A Viral Reddit Thread.

Graves Reveal Fear of the Undead During Epidemics. (via Damn Interesting)

Yes, This Interchange in Houston Is the Same Size as an Entire City Center in Italy. Americans, cars, and Texas; we shouldn't be surprised. (Thanks WTM!)

19 Students Who Made Their Teachers Laugh Hard.

A blast from the past (2016): 19 Authors and Their Typewriters.

1 comment:

Jim said...

I lived in Texas for seven years of my adult life, four of them on the south side of town.
My sister came for a visit in 1982. Flew into IAH (now fondly called George Bush Intercontinental), when the older and much smaller Hobby Airport was only about ten miles from where my ex, kids, and I were living. No GPS or Google Maps at the time. So she asked for directions.
How big is Houston? I told her to leave the airport exit and follow the signs for I-45 South. Just drive for about 35 miles and then just a couple of turns off the freeway.
I returned to Houston in 2007 for a six month computer assignment. They completed a second loop around the city and a couple of fairly major highways. Although I worked in a office on the southwest side, I would take little exploratory trips back to my old digs.
I quickly realized that they would not be happy until they paved over the entire city.