Thursday, December 05, 2019

A Nostalgia Break



I found this old video from 2008, my first year in the little yellow house. It's a poor attempt at a time-lapse video of putting up the porch lights. My, how things have changed. Since then I have switched to all-LED lights for the porch, picked up tons of them at after-Christmas sales, and built a reputation as the crazy lady with the lights. Since you can string way more lights on one outlet, I am flirting with a citation for light pollution. Oh yeah, and now it's the big yellow house.





Now, if I had only remembered to turn the wreath lights on before snapping that picture...

9 comments:

gwdMaine said...

Well done. Now that tree would sure look good with some
white lights going up the trunk and out a bit over
some branches.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet. I love that wrap around porch.

Bicycle Bill said...

Light pollution?  For that little measly display?

-"BB"-

hearsetrax said...

oh geeeze tis the season of eye slaughter jejejeje

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

xoxoxoBruce said...

Kudos, a fine job you've done.
More lights = more work, and after you take them down I can see why you'd want eleven months rest before doing it again.

Is that a meter out by the sidewalk?

Miss Cellania said...

Yeah, that eyesore was smack dab in the middle of the yard when I bought the house. The gas company said they would move it, but they put it off so long that another company bought them, and the new company said no way. I grow clematis vines on it in the summer.

Miss Cellania said...

Oh yeah, they also said I could paint it. I painted it dark green. Less than a month later, they painted it chrome again.

gwdMaine said...

-chuckle- Thumbs down for them saying you could paint it. Thumbs up for them correcting it so quickly. Even if it's obvious, there are codes on how to color various lines so they can always be quickly identified.