Tuesday, October 03, 2023

Miss Cellania's Links

Nobel Prize goes to scientists behind mRNA Covid vaccines.

It’s Never Just a Milkshake. It's a symbol of a Norman Rockwell world: wholesome, innocent, and overwhelmingly white.

Ebay Could Owe $1.9 Billion in Fines for Allowing Sale of 343,000 Emissions Defeat Devices. The federal government is still taking the Clean Air Act seriously.

How "Supermarket Psychology" Gets You to Spend More on Video Games.

Plumbing, the depths. I don't know what you'll get out of this story, but I'm glad I read it. (via Nag on the Lake)

50 Cozy Bakes That Begin With Canned Pumpkin. Way better and more nutritious than anything off the shelf labeled "pumpkin spice."

22 Mysterious Movie Monsters With Incredibly Underwhelming Reveals. 

When you let your Jewish grandfather babysit your dog...

Perfect for a Halloween Party: Fresh Ground Karen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL at Fresh Ground Karen
NOW THATS COMEDY !!!

gwdMaine said...

With the right point of view and the right context, I suppose you could take any popular item from our cultural past and turn it into a racist trope. I use the word 'right' loosely. I bet hot dogs would make a fine example and they're less healthy than milkshakes so I say go for it.