Saturday, August 14, 2021

Graduation



Click to the right to advance the comic. My kids had a taste of what working is like, and both decided to go to grad school instead. I doubt they can keep that up forever. I thought about grad school off and on over the years, but now I'm gradually easing myself into retirement. Two years to Medicare, four years to full Social Security! This comic is from Sobering Mirror, who is using his comics to help St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. (via Geeks Are Sexy)


2 comments:

xoxoxoBruce said...

Sure it's true, reality usually sucks. But why not let the youngsters hang on to their dreams for as long as they can.
Keep Santa Claus, Magic Pumpkin, and the Easter Bunny alive as long as possible. Isn't it better to be disappointed somewhere down the road, than crushed from the start with no hopes or dreams?

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, Kolo, that is not always the case. When I was a senior in high school, I had to do a research project on a profession, what degree is needed for it, and what colleges/universities offer the major.

The research led me to a profession that I am still in decades later.