Thursday, August 26, 2021

Designer Updates A Small Living Room In 2.5 Hours



Interior designer Erick Garcia is challenged to update and improve a room in only two and a half hours. That means identifying what should be changed quickly, buying just a few new things, and scrambling to get it all together in a hurry. Before it's over, you can see the difference between what an experienced interior designer does and the way you and I lay out our furniture and belongings.

This is the first episode of a new video series from Architectural Digest called Room Refresh. Garcia lays out simple concepts that we can all use to achieve a new look without a major remodel.


3 comments:

xoxoxoBruce said...

He created a room ten times harder to dust.

Anonymous said...

She had 3 shelves full of books. He took them and spread them out all over the room. I would not live with that. The first thing I would do is gather all the books back together and go buy a 6 foot tall skinny shelf. Remove the plant (not a fan) and put the tall shelf in the corner so there is a space for all my books.

I like much of the other improvements but I was screaming about the books.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't want to be on that couch during an earthquake (yes, NY gets them).

I'd just move the shelves by the desk, put pictures over the couch. That way all her references could be at hand, and disaster avoided. otherwise, nicely done.

I love the curtains, they could be closed, doors open, and one wouldn't have to look at the mess in the bedroom but still get the a/c into the living area. A