Friday, April 10, 2020

Beautiful and Bizarre Musical Machines



Bichopalo is an artist based in Valencia, Spain. He makes gorgeous retro-futuristic musical instruments out of a variety of natural and manmade objects. The combinations are a delight to see, and they sound nice, too. This machine above is called “THE PLANTYFLUTESIZER”.
Still in progress, I can’t really tell how many hours, days and months I've spent working on this. The entire structure is a combination of different instruments but the main one is a sort of sequencer with 8 notes limit that can be combinated on different patterns. An electric impulse actives a motor with an arm connected that hits a sensor running a pre-recorded note.
There’s a lot to speak about this but on this particular post the real rockstars are my little partners: Pico and Verdi.
This two little fellas have been with me from a while, making me laught and giving me incredible presents every single day.


The second one is called "invisible forces." See more of Bichopalo's work at Instagram. (via Boing Boing)

No comments: