Sunday, July 09, 2017

Greetings Around the World



I recently found out that people in France do not hug people they've just met. Or even people they know, unless they are very close. That made me cringe, thinking of how the family all hugged a young man from France the last time he visited. He's here again, and actually gave me a hug on arrival -trying to be like the Americans. But I still cringe when he meets new people and they want to hug him. He hides any discomfort well. In this video, we learn more greeting customs from around the world. Remember, proper etiquette is the art of making other people feel comfortable. We can do this by learning their customs, and also by not making a big deal out of other people not knowing our customs. (via Tastefully Offensive)

1 comment:

Vireya said...

I don't know who that Australian guy is hanging out with, but no-one better try hugging me when I've just met them! There are only 3 people in the world I would hug - my son, my sister and my partner. I would freak out if anyone else came at me looking like they wanted to hug me!