Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Miss Cellania's Links

6 Fictional Holidays You Really Should Be Celebrating.

In 1952, E.B. White's editor Ursula Nordstrom asked him why he wrote Charlotte's Web. The book hadn't yet been released, and White's letter explaining his motivation is utterly charming. (via Metafilter)

Elysium: everything that sucks about movies these days. And I so wanted to like this movie.

Asset forfeiture: Officially sanctioned highway robbery. It's too profitable for governments to want to change.

8 Shark Protection Patents. 

Billy Dillon was about to sign a contract with the Detroit Tigers -- then he was wrongly convicted of first-degree murder and spent the next 27 years of his life in maximum security prison.

Bad Chemistry: "Chemical Elements" of Breaking Bad Characters.

Here’s What Happens Inside You When a Mosquito Bites.

6 comments:

xoxoxoBruce said...

I swear to god, if neatorama doesn't get rid of that opening pop-up, I'm getting adblock.

Miss Cellania said...

I didn't even know we had those. Once you register an account and log in, the ads disappear. Or you could get AdBlock, but registering is easier.

xoxoxoBruce said...

You have a pop-up that blocks the entire opening page of neatorama and you didn't know it?!?!

Joining doesn't help a damn bit, that just means you have to get by the pop-up to log in... or never clear your cookies. Fuck that.

Miss Cellania said...

No, I didn't know it ..I have nothing to do with advertising, and I'm always logged in.

xoxoxoBruce said...

Yeah, I believe you. Like the store owner who always comes and goes by the back door, so doesn't know the sign out front is falling down.

Miss Cellania said...

I'm not the owner. Just an employees who goes in the back door.