Monday, September 28, 2026

Miss Cellania's Links

RoboHarm: Do Frontier Robot Policies Refuse Unsafe Instructions? Overwhelmingly, they do not. (via Nag on the Lake) 

Lessons for the 21st century from a 200‑year‑old book by Frankenstein author Mary Shelley. 

The Disappearing Priests: Victims or Vindication? They might be related, but probably not. (via Strange Company) 

Elon Musk and His DOGE Pals vs. Giant A.I. Robots! The latest from Tom the Dancing Bug.  

Cats don't listen to you, but they will learn anything that benefits them. 

What Disease Did the Elephant Man Really Have? The Full Story. 

Dummy with the Wig On Top. Randy Rainbow's latest song is a parody of "Surrey with the Fringe on Top." 

My Two Front Teeth. Reflections on a lifetime of dental drama. (via Metafilter) 

1 comment:

gwdMaine said...

I don't know Joshua Bodwell, but empathy. Sometime back in the 60s I was going downhill and greatly exceeding the speed limit on my Schwinn when a kid in front of me stopped and turned the front wheel of his bike directly in front of me. I hit that, flew off my bike, did a full flip, and landed on my face. My front teeth were pushed back onto the roof of my mouth. My dentist was also a surgeon and he saved them (I had 17 stitches in my upper lip and it was so swollen up against my nose I had to breathe through my mouth). He wrote a paper on what he did and I (he) apparently made some dental history. Anyways he said they would probably last until I was 17 and would then have to come out. That would have been around 1974ish. Didn't happen. Not even close. Over the years my current dentist was always trying to get me to have them replaced but they weren't bothering me so I didn't. Finally around 2006 I agreed it was time. They did not go easily and the dentist was quite surprised. But out they came and a partial I now have. Not as good as the originals, I'm on my third one.