Sunday, August 16, 2026

Traffic Lights



(Thanks, WTM!)

3 comments:

Bicycle Rider said...

Those are pedestrian crossing signals. Zelenogradsk, Russia, a resort town along the Baltic coast, is widely known as "Cat City" for its immense cat population and affection for stray cats.

WilliamRocket said...

I wasn't fooled by the signs, pretty sure cats are colour blind and really only see movement.
Times I have placed a piece of roast chicken right at the feet of my cat and he has done nothing about it until I made it move, can be counted with one of those clicky things you hold in your hand and each time you push the little button the number increases.
So I agree, they are pedestrian crossing signals.

WilliamRocket said...

While I am not from Russia, I would like to point out that, like the USA, the actions of the government are seldom those wanted by the people.
I have met Russian people, and I have met American people, neither nationalities have ever wanted to invade my personal space or my home.
I have found that such people are great guests, urbane, polite, pleasant, although with the Russians sometime the language was a bit of a barrier to an easy rapport.