When I went on street view it was cold and blustery, so I stayed in the car, with the heaters on, and imagined the first immigrants battling the sea to arrive on that cold rocky shore. The romantic ideas we have of Vikings, you know, the rape, the pillage, are all grand to think about and all, but the truth, the reality, was more like freezing your beans off while being buffeted and bruised by crashing over sea troughs, and then smashing your boat on the rocks, walking many kilometres (even back then they used the modern and easy to work out metric system) while hunger gnawed at your guts, and then you come upon a village but you are outnumbered so all of your co-crew-mates are murrderrrred, but you, being the cute one, are kept alive by the only single boy/girl in the village (pick your gender, I don't want anybody to feel left out or marginalised) and you and her/him go on to populate the entire island with your jeans and dn dn dn dn A BATMAN ! so the whole place eventually gets red hair.
Or maybe it is Scotland I am thinking about, in which case your mates were not murrderrred, they were kilt.
2 comments:
I love it!
I geolocated the cute cat's domicile, so you don't have to.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fosshotel+Hellnar
When I went on street view it was cold and blustery, so I stayed in the car, with the heaters on, and imagined the first immigrants battling the sea to arrive on that cold rocky shore.
The romantic ideas we have of Vikings, you know, the rape, the pillage, are all grand to think about and all, but the truth, the reality, was more like freezing your beans off while being buffeted and bruised by crashing over sea troughs, and then smashing your boat on the rocks, walking many kilometres (even back then they used the modern and easy to work out metric system) while hunger gnawed at your guts, and then you come upon a village but you are outnumbered so all of your co-crew-mates are murrderrrred, but you, being the cute one, are kept alive by the only single boy/girl in the village (pick your gender, I don't want anybody to feel left out or marginalised) and you and her/him go on to populate the entire island with your jeans and dn dn dn dn A BATMAN ! so the whole place eventually gets red hair.
Or maybe it is Scotland I am thinking about, in which case your mates were not murrderrred, they were kilt.
Post a Comment