A /very/ large man named Sean Gagnier (say gahn-yay) played for tips several nights a week in a restaurant I worked in in the early 1980s. He was raising his two little girls by himself. They'd sit quiet and polite at a table reading books while he sang. He wrote a sad, haunting song about a shipwreck: The Bangin' of the Wheelhouse Door. I'm trying to find a recording of him; if I do, I'll send it along. Here are the lyrics: https://lyrics.gordonbok.com/disc/songofthewheelhousedoor.html
Oh you're not sorry; you love it. It's a superior post.
ReplyDeleteI choke up every time I hear it too -- and hardly anyone would remember that awful shipwreck if Gordon Lightfoot hadn't written that song!
ReplyDeleteA /very/ large man named Sean Gagnier (say gahn-yay) played for tips several nights a week in a restaurant I worked in in the early 1980s. He was raising his two little girls by himself. They'd sit quiet and polite at a table reading books while he sang. He wrote a sad, haunting song about a shipwreck: The Bangin' of the Wheelhouse Door. I'm trying to find a recording of him; if I do, I'll send it along. Here are the lyrics: https://lyrics.gordonbok.com/disc/songofthewheelhousedoor.html
ReplyDeleteHe also whistled.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qTWNHFs9P8k&pp=0gcJCWQCo7VqN5tD
DeleteLol my son has this on his Jeep!!!!
ReplyDelete