Five years ago, I'd have been impressed and amused by all of these. As CGI, I'm fine with them even today. But are they CGI, or are they generative AI? Gen AI sucks the pleasure out of even legitimate creative work because it's killed my trust. These were /probably/ created using legitimate CGI techniques - this is certainly within what a skilled animator can do in Blender, and beyond what gen AI can currently do (I believe) - so I should be applauding them, but now I'm suspicious first and appreciative second, and that sucks.
Right under the nose ? I snuck in to see 'Un Homme et a Femme' ... excuse my French, lol ... 'A Man and a Woman' when I was when I was 4 years under the age requirement. That tune took me straight back to that theatre. Henry Mancini wrote the music, how do I know that ?
Five years ago, I'd have been impressed and amused by all of these. As CGI, I'm fine with them even today. But are they CGI, or are they generative AI? Gen AI sucks the pleasure out of even legitimate creative work because it's killed my trust. These were /probably/ created using legitimate CGI techniques - this is certainly within what a skilled animator can do in Blender, and beyond what gen AI can currently do (I believe) - so I should be applauding them, but now I'm suspicious first and appreciative second, and that sucks.
ReplyDeleteCGI. Note the date. AI fooled no one in 2018.
DeleteOh, thanks. Right under my nose and I still didn't see it.
ReplyDeleteRight under the nose ?
ReplyDeleteI snuck in to see 'Un Homme et a Femme' ... excuse my French, lol ... 'A Man and a Woman' when I was when I was 4 years under the age requirement.
That tune took me straight back to that theatre.
Henry Mancini wrote the music, how do I know that ?