Monday, July 04, 2022

Dinosaurs at Gettysburg

There are dinosaur footprints at Gettysburg, the historic Civil War battlefield in Pennsylvania. What's even weirder, their footprints are on a bridge built in 1937! There's a perfectly reasonable explanation, told to us by the Adams County Historical Society at Gettysburg. This story isn't a secret, but thousands of people pass that way to check out the historical site and have no idea. Next time you're there, check them out and report back to us.

1 comment:

newton said...

He does a really bad job of describing how big this dinosaur is.

"It is a small dinosaur." Well that says absolutely nothing. Smaller than a house? Smaller than a breadbox?

"If you are familiar with a sarapotamore." No, I'm not familiar with this. I'm not even sure how to spell it so I can't look it up.

"It is similar to a type of plateosaurus." I don't know that one either. But at least Google gave me a hint on how to spell it so I could look it up.

Apparently plateosaurus were 16 to 33 feet long, so maybe about the size of a giraffe. That would have been a better description. I guess he's so immersed in dinosaurs that it doesn't occur to him to use a non-dinosaur animal for reference Otherwise very interesting!