Sunday, July 15, 2018

Introverts

I am enjoying living alone and working from home so much it's starting to frighten me. What does it say that I went to an open house for a new middle school last week, despite the fact that I no longer have any children in the school system? And that I spent the day looking forward to it? Planning what to wear? That can't be healthy. Still, it doesn't frighten me enough to join a club or throw a party to expand my non-existent social circle. This comic is from Chris Hallbeck at Maximumble.

5 comments:

Lilylou said...

It's so freeing to live alone! I totally understand.

Anonymous said...

When I was working out of my home, I found I spent every "lunch hour" going on errands around town to talk to someone. Now I'm retired, I find I've no need to go out. My introvert has finally won.

Heather Moen said...

You should offer to teach some writing classes at the new middle school. Share your talents! Or be introverted. Also a wonderful life choice. But as a teacher, I would invite you into my classroom any day!

Jane said...

I worked from home then recently retired. I joined a gym so I could get my fat a$$ in shape after sitting for 12 hours a day. I refuse to waste the money so I go there every morning. I do things, I see people. etc. I'm like a dog - if I don't get socialized regularly I get a little cranky/mean/might possibly bite. LOL LOL

Miss Cellania said...

Getting a job at the school is ridiculously difficult, and volunteering is way more hassle than it should be. I am active with the church.