Monday, December 25, 2017

The Geek's Christmas

Ah, the comforts of home. Visiting your parents at Christmas has its rewards, in particular the familiarity and constancy of it all. Of course, one constant is that they will ask you to "repair" the computer, meaning dumping the trash, cleaning up the crowded desktop, and installing system updates. That will make you a hero in their eyes. I do all those things for my mother, but when my kids come home, I ask them to add and delete contacts on my phone. Everyone has their limits. This comic is from CommitStrip. (via Geeks Are Sexy)

2 comments:

Spellucci said...

A very detailed list of Windows optimizations you can do over the holidays, from Taylor Swift on Security: https://decentsecurity.com/holiday-tasks/.

Lilylou said...

I do the same thing when my son comes home for a visit!