Tuesday, November 14, 2023

The ’80s!



You’re about to enter the era of the 1980s, in all its sparkly, bouffant, brightly colored (if degraded) glory, as told through TV ads you may or may not remember …but you’ll never forget the song. Slip on your parachute pants and grab your Walkman, but just be sure there’s no liquid in your mouth when the price of a new truck is suddenly displayed. By the time this ends, you’ll have grown a mullet.

Update: The music was yanked from this video since I posted it the first time. Just play "I Ran (So Far Away)" by A Flock of Seagulls in your head.  Or in another tab.

3 comments:

Bicycle Bill said...

Seems to be something wrong with the audio on that clip. It's also silent if you try to view it on the YouTube site, too.

-"BB"-

Miss Cellania said...

Sorry about that. It's a rerun, and the music got yanked since then. The whole soundtrack is "I Ran" by A Flock of Seagulls. Anyone who wants to relive the '80s will be able to fill it in.

gwdMaine said...

I dunno about a mullet, but after watching this my hair definitely got bigger. At least "I Ran" finally knocked "Old Man" out of my head.