Saturday, January 17, 2015

I Jiggle, Therefore I Am

The U.K. government agency Sport England has a new campaign called This Girl Can to encourage women to become active in sports and recreational activities.
It comes as research, carried out by us, reveals that at by every measure, fewer women than men play sport regularly – two million fewer 14-40 year olds in total. Despite this, 75 per cent say they want to be more active. In some other European countries, this disparity doesn’t exist.

Further research into what's stopping women turning their ambitions into reality found that a fear of judgement – on appearance, ability or how they chose to spend time on themselves – puts women of all ages off exercising.
The video I Jiggle, Therefore I Am shows women of all sizes, ages, ethnicities, fitness levels, and abilities having fun in a wide range of sports. Watching it makes me want to dance, although I will leave the boxing to others.  


Find out more about the campaign, and the women who appear in it, as well as a behind-the-scenes video, at the This Girl Can website.  (via Time)

2 comments:

Craig L. said...

I know it is very wrong, but I must note that this is what appeared in my RSS feed right before this post.

Miss Cellania said...

Well, it made me laugh out loud!