Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Warriors



Just in case you haven’t seen this movie in 35 years, get some popcorn and put it on full screen mode. I recall seeing The Warriors during my senior year in high school, thinking, well I liked it, but it probably won't be a hit. The critics hated it, but a lot of people saw the same way I did. As it spread across the country, the movie became more and more profitable. It slowly became a cult hit, and all these years later, has a 94% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.



4 comments:

Ron Larson said...

I saw it in HS also. I am surprised. I don't remember seeing any girls in the theater. It was very much a guy film.

I also remember really liking the movie. But I did think it was silly. I also couldn't understand why the lead female was the object of desire for the main character. She was not attractive at all.

I do remember the local police managed to get it banned. It scared the cops.

ButchCountry said...

I freaking LOVE this movie, I have it on VHS as well as DVD, I saw it in the theaters when it first came out. great low budget film, the Base Ball Fury's were the coolest even though they got wasted lol , I introduced our 13 year old son to this movie just a month ago, he thought it rocked.

Ron Larson said...

Ya gotta admit, the closing song on the soundtrack made the film. Joe Walsh belting out "In the City". That is what stuck with me.

Miss Cellania said...

I must agree. I love that song!