Saturday, July 13, 2013

Beijing State of Mind




Andrew Dougherty and Princess Fortier star in this music video parody of "Empire State of Mind." Mark Griffith, who produced it, tells how it was made.
While living in Beijing, we met Andrew and Nicola Doughtery at our local church. Andrew was an economic analyst who also enjoyed rapping. He had lived in Beijjng off and on for about 5 years. He had noticed my photography and videos and he asked me if I'd be interested in collaborating with him on a rap video. I said yes because I am always open to working on fun projects and learning new things.  We started in April 2012 and the journey took me until July of 2013 to complete. When I said yes, I had no idea what I was getting into and how long the process would take.
The rest of the story is at Mark's blog, where you'll also find the lyrics.  (via Viral Viral Videos)


No comments: