Friday, June 14, 2013

Miss Cellania's Links

Hi y'all, I'm back! I had a great time on vacation, saw five new states I'd never been to before, met my mother-in-law and sister-in-law, endured a mechanical breakdown and being stranded in a tiny town, and survived three weeks in a truck with two teenagers. We saw a lot of sites which I will post about eventually (probably at a site I get paid to write for). I also realized how much goes on here on the internet with or without me here to witness. So there's a lot of catching up to do. Meanwhile, here are some interesting links.

Saving Ford from Ford.

Jurassic Park’s Stars Would Be Very Different Animals If the Film Were Made Today.  (via Smithsonian)

Rogue State: How Far-Right Fanatics Hijacked Kansas. (via Metafilter)

12 Old Words that Survived by Getting Fossilized in Idioms.

The Water Witch of Wyoming

Masters of Their Domain.

Cake, Please! Illustrations of animals with delicious desserts. (via Everlasting Blort)

Kawasaki’s Digital Kowloon Walled City. A game palace in Japan is modeled after the erstwhile Hong Kong slum. (via mental_floss)

What Happens to Women Who Are Denied Abortions?

Meet the oarfish, which can grow to be 26 feet long! (via the Presurfer)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back. You did a great job keeping us entertained while you were away! So much so that I kept wondering if you were back already.
Tell us about your trip when you can.
Thanks Miss C!

Jdocmartin said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to see what u got us on vacation (lol)!