Monday, July 02, 2012

As Much Education as They Can Afford



If I only got as much education as I could afford, I would never have even thought about going to college. After all, my Dad was a college professor and never made much money. Thanks to a combination of scholarships, student aid, and a couple of jobs, I managed to get MORE education than I could afford. Now, my parents went to a tuition-free college for low-income but talented students. If they had only gotten as much education as they could afford, they would have never met. (via Dangerous Minds)


4 comments:

DUKE said...

There you go, kiddies, good advice from Uncle Mitt! Thanx, Miss C, great example from your own life!


Love

Anonymous said...

I joined the military to pay for my education. This fall I will be deploying to Afghanistan. In Afghanistan, all higher education is free. There is some sort of lesson in there, but I'm not sure what it is.

Rick said...

So Romney misspoke himself. All politicians do it. It's no big deal. Just recently Obama said, "The private sector is doing fine." Obviously that was a mistake, just as Romney's comment was.

WordyGrrl said...

This is yet another example of why Mitt, though he probably means well, just doesn't get it. He honestly does not know how the majority of "never been rich" Americans live.

What I'd like to see: Romney loses the Pres election -- but goes into non-profit work, has a major awakening and does great things for people who never had the advantages he had growing up.