Friday, May 04, 2012

Overheard in the Soccer Locker Room

Winning doesn’t really matter as long as you win.

The opening ceremony was good, although I missed it.

If we played like that every week we wouldn’t be so inconsistent.

He’s one of those footballers whose brains are in his head.

My legs sort of disappeared from nowhere.

The more time you have, the more mistakes you will make.

We were a little bit outnumbered there, it was two against two.

I’ve never wanted to leave. I’m here for the rest of my life, and hopefully after that as well.

We didn’t underestimate them. They were a lot better than we thought.

I took a whack on my left ankle, but something told me it was my right.

I always used to put my right boot on first, and then obviously my right sock.

As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.


No comments: