Monday, April 16, 2012

Prom Season

Prom was so much easier when I was young. The junior class worked and paid for the prom, while the senior class worked and paid for the Senior Trip. The evening included a sit-down banquet and danciing to live music, and we didn't have to buy tickets. No one rented a vehicle, although some borrowed a nicer car than they usually drove. No one cared if your date went to that school, or went to school at all. For my junior year, my parents budgeted $25 for my dress. I found a $50 dress that I loved, so I promised I would wear it to the prom both years. They bought it, I wore it once, and then the house burned down before senior prom time came around. I felt so bad about not living up to my vow that I made my own senior prom dress, with shoes to match. Ah, memories.

Weirdest prom night portrait ever. (via Buzzfeed)

Or maybe not. THIS may top that one!

It's important to make a grand entrance.

The Dirtiest Prom Dress You’ll Ever See.

Chuck's New Tux. Not for the squeamish.

Gallery of submitted prom pictures.

Grand Entrances (or) How I Got to the Prom.

Duct Tape Prom.

No comments: