Thursday, April 05, 2012

Funniest Sports Quotes Ever

Following are the top 10 classic comments made by sports commentators -- mostly British -- that they would like to take back.

1. Weightlifting commentator at the women's Olympic Snatch and Jerk Event: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up, and it was amazing!"

2. Ted Walsh, horse racing commentator: "This is really a lovely horse, and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

3. Grand Prix Race announcer: "The lead car is absolutely, truly unique, except for the one behind it which is exactly identical to the one front of the similar one in back."

4. Greg Norman, pro golfer: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."

5. Ringside boxing analyst: "Sure there have been injuries and even some deaths in boxing -- but none of them really that serious."

6. Baseball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."

7. Basketball analyst: "He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces."

8. At a trophy ceremony, BBC TV boat race 1988: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the Cambridge president is hugging the cox of the Oxford crew."

9. Metro Radio, college football: "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."

10. U.S. Open TV commentator: "One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. ... Oh, my God, what have I just said?"



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Arnie Palmer comment is wrong.
It was stated by Mrs Palmer on the Jack Parr show. "I kiss his balls for luck"